Thursday 3 August 2023

Almost the middle of 2023

 2023! 


I don't know why it takes me so long to open this tab and reread my old entries; because I love it everytime!  I just read my entry from 2022 and along the same trajectory so many events have happened.  Let me recap the last year since.  Tara and I went to Jamaica and I mentioned, followed by me assisting in a OAA presentation with John Stafford from Endicott brick.  It was a packed room, and John did well, I handled question and answer period which went over well.  Basically I went from that that show to Cuba with Tara and the Kids, Kristy and Jax and their kids and Nadine and her kids, mom, sister and cousin Kasey who was really interesting to get to meet.  She lives in the arctic!  NOT FOR ME! But interesting.  Cuba was pretty good, the hotel was a bit tired, and the food was the food, but the weather was great and it was fun to be with the kids in that setting.

  Spring Hockey for Declan was mostly crap!  His NiceStix team was basically all Blythe Prep kids and they were 90% not good.  But he wanted to play with Owen Galvin, and Johnny Dyal and Ben Havers were on that team.  They made some friends, lost a pile of games, the Blythe coaches really tell their kids parents that they are playing AAA equivilant, wow! thats a monsterous stretch.  Maybe A with a stutter.  Or maybe I am mishearing them and they said "PAYING" like AAA...lol!  The day we got back from Cuba Dec showed up mid-tournament in London and was asked to play forward with Owen, it took him a game or two to get into the swing of it again, but at least the boys ended up winning the consulation bracket gold.


No comments:

Post a Comment